Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

So this has been the best week ever but also the worst!! This is an excerpt from my letter to my mission president, this was my week.
"We got punted more times than I can count this week, even from our most progressing investigators and members. They just were not at their houses. I know that it was something that the Lord knew I had to go through. I also got super sick from Thurs to Friday. I felt like this week most things just went wrong. The funny part about all of it is that I had been praying for trials so that I could prove my diligence to the Lord. Surely they came and I got through all of it. Even though the work was not the best this week, I know I have a stronger character because I continued to be diligent. I know that the Lord had his hand in everything that happened.

That sums it up. A crappy work week but I am still happy about things. The lessons we did have were super powerful and we now have 9 IBDs :) The Lord has also given me a huge assignment as a DL. I am going to need his help to fulfill this one :)

I just want to tell you about an experience to show that HF knows who I am. First on Wed I started to get sick, my tummy really started hurting. Thurs we worked, but I wasn't feeling the best. We worked in our farthest area, it was about 6:30 and I needed to go home. There is not trykes or anything at night in this area. So, we had to walk, about 1 hour. I kept praying and praying that I could get a ride home. Any trike that passed by didn't want to take us and what not. I was really hurting. Finally after like 10 min there came a van, the driver just said to get in, I am going to the main part of town. So as soon as we got home I went straight to the CR or bathroom. Lets just say I was in there for 2 hours. I have no idea what I would have done if I was outside our apartment. I am thankful that HF saved me from a super embarrassing and humiliating experience. I know its not anything related to missionary work but it touched me because I really felt that HF loves me :) I know he loves you to :) This is his work and I know it :)
I love you all :)
Love
Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment